Three of my many original poems (Page for poetry under construction)
“If I could take you
home with me”
If I could take you home with me,
the world would cease to be,
the skies would shake the seas of rye,
amongst the killer bee.
If I could take you home with me,
the strings of Hendrix won’t relate,
even Apollo would be late,
if i could take you home with me
But now you lay here next to me,
in my home so tenderly,
and Hendrix plays,
the seas have waves,
and how they buzz... those killer bee.
“The War Had Just Begun”
The wheels go round and round and round.
The motor makes a grumpy sound.
The breeze engulfs my smiling cheek,
as I go to the country that I seek.
“Hurry up!” It must be found,
my home of childhood mastiff hounds.
They old men hunting,
their horses grunting,
up tree soaked soil mounds.
The wheels go round and round and round.
They take me home from the world around
to see my children and my wife
and continue my happy-go-lucky life.
“Hurry up!” as I run out the bus.
In anguished screams they surrounded us.
I wasn’t home, I had my gun.
The war had only just begun.
“The Lion At My Door”
Alacrity from insanity,
I gaze at death in the face,
but I still have my culture,
I still have my race.
The music in my heart,
an ancient lion outside roars,
Just outside my door.
But my drums still beat
and I still move my feet.
As I dance,
He prowls outside,
And my drums beat more!
I no longer need to hide,
My rhythm holds the door.
My spirit soars
as the lion roars,
outside my door.
No comments:
Post a Comment